Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Wednesday's Loot - 8 March 2006

And I'm back, not that you noticed I left. Like I said somewhere before - in the vacuum of the internet, nobody can hear you sob quietly into your beer.

I had two days worth of meetings. It was interesting.

So what did I end up buying today? Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Zero. Squat.

Nothing went "hey buy me." or "c'mon, take a chance on this." I walked in. Browsed the new releases. Did a mental "meh" and shoulder shrug. Walked out.

There's no commentary on the state of the industry or the local shop. There was simply nothing that interested me, except the Ultimate Spiderman with Ultimate Kitty Pryde but not enough to make me want to slap down money for it. I think this is helping me fortify the gumption to start selling stuff on e-bay to make some space in the one long box I have. I'm also tempted to get some Silver-Agey stuff of Jimmy Olsen or Lois Lane or even some animated Batman series in comic form.

I do have to admit that there is one thing the one year later Batman story that sort of pissed me off. I've been dreaming up stories about a hard-boiled detective series starring Harvey Bullock. Guess that won't happen now. I'm happier. It means I don't have to write anything now.

No comments: