Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Wednesday’s Loot – 29 March 2006

Since today is National Mom and Pop Business Owner’s Day I picked up all four books at two local comic shops. One doesn’t seem to carry Godland so I go to the second one for my fix of Godland and Fear Agent. I had a small load today because finances are getting tight for me, otherwise I would have definitely picked up the Banana Sunday trade.

So you’ll probably get all these reviews elsewhere so I’ll be very brief.

Godland #9
I forgot to go back to my Freud books and find out what the role of the Id, Ego and Super-Ego are. I have a feeling it would help understand the new baddies. After the unbelievable fun of the last issue this was a bit of a let down but only like the perfect ice-cream cone compared to one that is slightly melty. I’m finding it hard to come up with new things to say about this comic. It’s good.
I rate this story: One of very few comics I will continue to buy monthly.

All Star Superman #3
You will read about this on every single comic blog.
I rate this story: Best. Superman. Ever.

JLA: Classified #19
Gail Simone’s story rattles along nicely with some new supervillains making an appearance. At first I was thinking X-men, but then I realized that there is a general flow of really creative ideas coming out of DC lately. Embodiment of unarmed combat, how cool is that?
I rate this story: The embodiment of a great JLA story.

Blue Beetle #1
I can’t decide if I like this one or not. I’ll decide when the next issue comes out whether or not I’ll buy it. I did spot a Hembeck elbow in there.
I rate this story: Nothing special.

No comments: