Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Wednesday's Loot - 1 March 2006

You know the drill.

Infinite Crisis #5
Do I really need to put up my comments. You'll read about this everywhere else and someone will manage to say what I was going to say anyway, so just read the people who are more eloquent than yours truly.
I rate this story: Big special effects extrAAAAahvoganza!

Ultimates 2 #10
Hey didn't I just read the Infinite Crisis issue for this month? Oh wait, this is Marvel. I guess I did want an entire issue giving me the backstory of the villains. I didn't?
I rate this story: Thankfully reminding me what happened last issue and sort of just bridging gaps. Placeholder with too many numbers in the title I had to write out.

Iron Man: The Inevitable #3
Yeah this came out last week but I only got it this week. Still coming along strong. I never knew I would be an Iron Man fan. This is a great mini-series with great art. Tony Stark is in it as much if not more than Iron Man. It's more about the brains than the brawn.
I rate this story: Mmmm, mmmm good and with an electric pink cover no less!

I have yet to read Jonah Hex, Fear Agent, Godland, Green Lantern Corps: Recharge. This was a pretty decent week for me. So far I've been entertained with four other titles I'm still excited about left.

Oh, and A Lot of Kevin explains why I don't want a subscription at a comic shop. I just can't reserve something sight unseen and then be expected to pay for it. It's not my responsibility to keep comics alive. They'd be fine if they stories were good enough to maintain a large audience and the distribution system wasn't the commercial equivalent of insane monkey paintings.

No comments: