Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Soma Comics


So I decided to bite and check out the preview for Brave New World. I'm intrigued by the Atom, especially since Gail Simone stumbled across my site, which was the highlight here for a while. I’m thinking the only one I’m not interested in is the Omac stuff because that miniseries seriously pissed me off when it didn’t include the major plot point. And I’m iffy on the Freedom Fighters because I’m oddly attracted to the idea of the team but I’m not buying Hawkgirl because of the cheesecake boobs and that’s really the whole point of the Phantom Lady, isn't it? Isn't that why she's (in)famous?

Anyway, the whole reason I’m posting is because I’m meant to be intrigued by who DC is bringing back. I’m hoping to Christ it isn’t Pariah. I hate that guy, and I just prayed to Christ and I’m not religious at all. It’s not so much as I can’t believe they’d be willing to bring him back so much as wondering why they’d want to? The silhouette looks a bit like Pariah… please, I’m begging, why, why would you do this? Do you know how many times I’ve witnessed the destruction of a good comic by a terrible reveal? Do you know how many times I’ve not bought comics that feature the return of characters I find annoying? How many stories must be destroyed before Pariah will forever rest in peace? How many? He has poisoned too many worlds. That one story back in the eighties was really enough.

No comments: