Monday, April 03, 2006

A light job, but someone has to do it.

Okay, my posting has been a bit light these days because I haven’t been reading that many comics and I don’t have a huge collection of back issues to trawl through for a greatest hits kind of post. In fact I only have one old copy of a Tick comic where Chairface Chippendale makes his first appearance. I just sort of inherited it over the years. I don’t even know where it came from. I think someone forgot it in a room I moved into when I was in University.

I’ve been reading regular fiction as opposed to the graphic kind. Been reading Christopher Moore’s “A Dirty Job” about a Beta-Male who accidentally becomes death. I’ll pretty much read anything involving Death as a personified being and people working as Grim Reapers – but having it written by Christopher Moore is just a great coincidence since I’ve enjoyed the other books of his I have read (Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ’s Childhood Friend, The Island of the Sequined Love Nun, and Practical Demon Keeping). I plan to read Blood Sucking Fiends at some point in my life.

I also don’t want to bore you with more descriptions of black and white Superman panels.

No comments: