Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Comic Pub

I was just thinking that if I could combine two things I loved, like chocolate and peanut butter, or chocolate and pretzels, it would be a comic shop and a pub. I'm not sure if this would really work in the long run since you'd probably have a bunch of drunk people trying to steal comics, but that would be the type of comics lounge I'd love to be involved with. I don't think I'd bother serving food other than potato chips or pretzels (possibly even chocolate covered pretzels). Anyway, instead of those wooden containers full of condiments I’d use them to contain old comics for each table – like old all-ages stuff, animated DC books, Archie comics, and other things I couldn’t get sued for making available – with a kid friendly option as well.

How can beer not go well with comics? Except for that whole stealing issue I think this is a good idea. It would make for some great signings since you have both comics and beer (or your alcoholic beverage of choice). And with the no-smoking legislation here in Ottawa you don’t have to worry about your kid’s lungs getting broken – just their minds getting warped.

No comments: