Friday, December 23, 2005

Wednesday's Loot - 21 December 2005

Oops, this got delayed a bit. This week it's all mini-series. In fact I'm almost tempted to only read limited series for all of 2006 with the exception of Jonah Hex and The Amazing Joy Buzzards, of which volume 2 issue 3 I cannot find anywhere. So I picked up Infinite Crisis #3, Justice #3, Green Lantern Corps Recharge #3, JSA Classified (whatever number it's at 6?)Iron Man: The Inevitable #1, and Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk #1 with the Ultimate gold cover. Yes, bright shiny objects will actually attract me, distract me and take my money. I'm also hoping that "The Inevitable" isn't referring to the delays in production... wucca wucca wucca.

I read Infinite Crisis but I'm just too physically exhasuted to make sense of anything anymore. So in the least amount of words possible (maybe to get me in the mood for the Hulk book) here's what I thought.

Animal Man + face lightning = Jon want read series. Am happy bought first trade for self Xmas.
Purple death ray = badass
Luthor = good twist. Stop laughing. It good.
Superboy = whiny frustrated teenager. Good twist.
Antimonitower = good.
Batman = girly-man. Shut up and kick ass. But in happy way with giant bat-bot or something.

2 comments:

Scipio said...

"Animal Man + face lightning = Jon want read series."

You do get what Animal's refering to, don't you, Jon?

It's Lightning Beasts of Korbol, from which (in 1000 years) Lightning Lad, Lightning Lass, and Lightning Lord will get their powers.

joncormier said...

Scipio, hopefully my "year in review" type post will explain a lot of things. Mostly, I have no idea what I'm talking about because this is the first year in about 15 that I read comics solidly. I'm more or less lost on a lot of comics history, especially DC which I never really read much as a kid. I'll have to do a bit of research on this lightning beast.

I do miss characters named "lad." Now it's just so condescending, but it used to be a sort of man-boy-buddy thing and before the peanut gallery pipes up I'm not referring to the Greek man-boy-buddy thing.