Thursday, December 08, 2005

And speaking of the Green Party...

...they have started an online petition to get included in the leaders' televised debates. They are currently being excluded because they have no sitting members, but are on track to running a full slate of candidates for the second election in a row - more candidates than the included (and elected) Bloc Quebecois.

I know there are a few Canucknuckleheads reading this so I suggest signing up - this is about democratic choice - not whether or not you actually agree with or even like the Greens.

2 comments:

running42k said...

I read about that in the paper the other day. My opinion is that they should indeed be included. They received enough of the popular vote to receive the financing so they are definitely not a fringe party.

Jhunt said...

Fine.. I'll sign it... fiil yer boots, Green Party.