Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Wednesday's Loot - 21 Sept. 2005


Ultimates 2 #8 - Wow, the Ultimates Annual actually comes into play in this issue. That's pretty cool. The thick plottens. The only thing I'm not enjoying in this series is the whole Wasp thing. I just see her as a very wooden character. I'm glad to see some actual emotion put into the characters' faces in this issue. It was starting to bug me that every single character is completely stone-faced in every scene. The art is good, don't get me wrong, I really like it but when there is no character acting it takes away from the story for me. This one has Nick Fury losing it and looking like he's losing it. There's some great scenes humanizing Cpt. America and I'm quite interested if my guess of Loki making his Ultimate appearance will be how the conspiracy ends...

That's all I bought today. I'll try to stop at the other lcs on my way home to see if I can get Ferro City #2 and Godland #3. Are they delayed or is it just my bad luck?

I'll hopefully have a longer post this weekend like I did for Queen and Country. That was cool to have a creator visit this site, even if he did point out what I got wrong. I'm telling you kids, make sure you have the books with you when you are trying to sound smart.

No comments: