Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Wednesday's Loot - 12 April 2006

Only four books because I can't find Action Philosophers or the last Detective Comics anywhere. I find it quite frustrating and may take matters into my own hands at some point.

Batman: Year 100 #3
One of the toughest Batman stories ever and in this issue he gets a motorbike making him even that much more badass.
I rate this story: On my top 10.

DMZ #6
I was thinking of not continuing with this series but I'm glad I didn't. I love the uber-urban hipness of this comic. There's a cliff hanger and everything here but I'm a little annoyed at how much these stories seem to be about Matty's possessions like his jacket last time and his phone this time - again. I simply love the look of this comic and the story hasn't put me off yet.
I rate this story: A good balance.

The Battle for Bludhaven #1
I was really unsure if I would go through with this purchase or not. I'm glad I did. I enjoyed it. I think this will be a book that people will either love or ignore and that's fine by me. There's basically a whole bunch of characters I know nothing about so get to be introduced to each of them in the same way I was introduced to a lot of characters when I first bought comics. This really does feel quite old-school. The art, the dialogue, and how they try to comment on current events. This was a great mix for me.
I rate this story: Great or awful depending on who you are.

The fourth book I picked up was the first Scott Pilgrim digest. Yeah, I'm a slow learner.

No comments: