Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Nothing risked, nothing gained

This seems to be the theme of my days lately. The political party I work for just had a big internal vote that has far reaching consequences and I'm in the midst of deciding whether or not to stay or seek a new job. Plus I'm taking a sculpture course and will be registering in the NaNoWriMo contest for November. I'm going to do that with my girlfriend so hopefully things will work out for the tow of us. Unlike other couples we tend to encourage each other to give up and go drinking instead of meeting deadlines and working. That's cool with me though. Oh I found out about this project from Marionnette over at Comics Should be Good.

I know this is really off topic but I wanted to keep posting and get used to writing again. That was the point of this blog.

So I'm thinking of a few ideas for this book. I'm either doing a satire of the place I work, a dystopian sort of thing, a comedy about death as a part time job, something about kids trying to find Excalibur or a biodegradable soldier. Probably one of the first three though and I'm weary of the political satire idea because I can't remember ever reading a book like that. I'll have to get a good angle.

Anyway, a lot of these ideas I was working into graphic format. Well, eventually I was going to (nervous laughter) when I got up the cahones and time to do so.

No comments: