Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Fast reads online

Before I post what I purchase today (I can only hit the shop during lunch and I'm writing this during my coffee break) I'll post a few fun reads.

BeacucoupKevin has a great take on Golden Age heroes and story telling. I'll add the task of finding some collections of that stuff to my ever increasing "to do" list.

Steven Grant's Permanent Damage column examines the Disneyfication of western culture. Some interesting parallels in how everything in our lives are interconnected.

Comics.212 moves on from the "well fuck off then" attitude to giving us something positive again. Glad to see that the frustration is being worked out and the energy is being spent looking for stuff to get excited about again.

And, finally Lady, That's my Skull has some love for pulpy sci-fi thrillers.

More soon.

No comments: