Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The Decompression Project: Warriors

Oh right.  I also managed to read the Ultimate Spider-man version of professional wrestling's Royal Rumble - "Warriors."

 

This collection is just a huge bust up as Hammerhead decides to move in on Kingpin's turf.  Add Spider-man, Black Cat, Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Elektra, Moon Knight and the Kingpin's three thugs I can never remember the name of.  It'll come to me after I e-mail in this post I'm sure.

 

Well, it's a fun little story arc full of over the top fisticuffs.  And in the end, I should have seen it coming, there is a reveal that removes the one single good thing I was seeing develop in Peter Parker's life.  Other than Black Cat, and there is some great developments in that relationship as well.

 

My only real complaint is that even though heroes and villains get stabbed – one even in the back of the skull – they all end up in comas, which just feels like a huge cheat.  Yes, I know it's a superhero comic.

 

I'll also get to the Avengers collection at some point.  I seem to have been reading that thing forever.

No comments: