Monday, August 13, 2007

Random Update

Chris Mautner has a great little collection of quotables from some bloggers about why they do or do not include scans of artwork from comics in their reviews. For me, it's simply a matter of not really having access to a scanner outside of work and I'm abusing my working hours enough by writing this pap. Also, my art vocabulary tends to repeat itself.

If you look at the comments you'll see a great bit from Warren Ellis which gives me a bit of an idea. I'm going to start just making up Warren Ellis quotations in my posts this week. That is if I manage to post more than once.

I cancelled my comic shop subscriptions on Friday. I'll still drop by to pick up The Spirit while Cooke is producing it, and the next issue of Batman because I like what Morrison is doing, same with All-Star Superman. The rest I can simply live without. Time to work on my trade collections again - more Hellboy really.

To make up for my subscription decommission I'm going to take Warren Ellis's advice and save a fuckload of money by finding my comics elsewhere. (Dubious/fake quotation 1).

Also I've freed up time and money to watch more soccer (proper football). And this is a good week because Newcastle United are top of the table, until Tuesday or Wednesday when some teams play their second matches. This is probably the only time I'll be able to brag about it so I'm making the most of it.

I saw Stardust on Saturday and really enjoyed it. It's a solid Fairy Tale movie, much like a cousin to The Princess Bride. It's just a solid movie with a crowd of bookish nerds and goths.

No comments: