Thursday, August 02, 2007

New Burning Desire

I've just realized what I want to see in a comic. Ideally it would be Batman but I think Robin, the new Blue Beetle, Guy Gardner, Hawkman, Black Canary, Power Girl or Wonder Woman would work as well. For Marvel I'd say probably Thing, Gorilla Man, or anyone written by Jeff Parker or Fred van Lente but that's just because theirs are the only Marvel comics I read so I'm a bit biased.

Basically have a story that isn't totally in tune with the latest and greatest cross-over. Some character comes up to our lead and says something along the lines of "This is entirely contradictory from the time in [cross-over] when you [acted differently]."

In response the lead character punches them in the face.

Hard.

I give this to any writer to use freely but I would ask for one of those asterix next to the dialogue and a caption at the bottom that read "Inspired by Jon Cormier." Or you could just steal it, I don't really care.

Edit - I was using those coding greater than, less than brackets and they didn't show up in my fake quotation.

3 comments:

Marc Burkhardt said...

I agree. Just give me a complete story for once and forget the whole "How does this fit in with Planet Hulk" routine.

Anonymous said...

Ben, I'm not entirely sure he'd punch a friend in the face over JUST that.

If they'd bugged him before hand however...
That'd be SO AWESOME!
Batman, of course, would be perfect for this.

joncormier said...

Yeah, I guess you're right about Ben Grimm. I still think it would be a great moment with him though.

The person rails against how he's acting differently, next panel has Ben's arm raised and person flying into the wall - or something. Ben with little to no expression.